Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

one person backpacking tent[

Posted by XeniaBray 
one person backpacking tent[
June 28, 2020 10:09AM
At Internet Monk, we had a sleeping bags for adults little fun at his expense last week, fully anticipating this outcome. Since the failure of his "Judgment Day" prediction, the "I told you so's" have come rolling in from all quarters. A few, to be sure, have expressed concern about the disillusionment of his followers and have reached out to them in various ways, but for the most part his failure has fed the comedians. The world has mocked. Many prominent Christians have called him a false teacher and have shown his prognostications to be off base and foolhardy, a sentiment with which I cannot disagree. His teachings have been thoroughly discredited.

These people make a point of saying that they are more moral than you, and certainly more "worthy" than you. They are part of an elite  the very few people that God will choose to "save" while the rest of us wicked people writhe around in torturous conditions. What they wish upon us is far more than laughter and humiliation: it is a slow painful death, the "wages of sin" that we so richly deserve. So no, I do NOT have sympathy for someone who delights in the thought of my torture and death while they party exped sleeping pad it up in heaven, and believe that this is all God's plan. It is, in fact, a very dangerous idea, and one that is rightly mocked and derided.The same people who helped my family when my father was laid off from the mines. The same people who help when someone sinks their life savings into a small business and it fails& family, churches, government etc& People make stupid big agnes sleeping pad choices all the time or bad things happen to them all the time there are provisions for that. I am far more sympathetic to them that I am for a group of people who invested their life savings in a concept, that had it been true, would involve them gleefully laughing at the suffering of myself and my loved ones&

This is the issue Mike. I was wondering why you always throw stones at conservatives, whether evangelical or Catholic, or whether Arminian or Calvinist. It seems that this blog, ever since Mr. Spencer's departure to be with the Lord, has always been a rant against some form of fundamentalism, evangelicalism, or conservative Christianity. Sometimes I wonder if you really think you're doing this to be of well-meaning service to the Kingdom or just a personal rant because 4 person backpacking tent you feel that traditional orthodox Christianity has been too narrowed minded against disenfranchises groups.Mark, I am wondering what you do with this passage from Revelation 7:9-10: "After this I looked, and there before me was a great multitude that no one could count, from every nation, tribe, people and language, standing before the throne and before the Lamb. They were wearing white robes and were holding palm branches in their hands. And they cried out in a loud voice:  Salvation belongs to our God, who sits on the throne, and to the Lamb.' "

Our God is both a just and merciful God. We will be held accountable for those things that we have done that caused grief to our fellow humans and to God. But Jesus prayed as he was being crucified that the Father would forgive them because they didn't know what they were doing. Do any of us REALLY know what we are doing? We attempt to make sense out of things and do what we feel is best, but in the end, we have to rely on the love and mercy of God. Jesus showed us that over and over again. The apostle Peter denied knowing Jesus after having professed faith to Jesus' face that he was the Son of God. Did Jesus forgive him? Of course.Did I miss something or was Luthers reference about the superiority of the Bible over the Pope? how even an untutored bumpkin with a Bible was more than a match for the Pope without the Bible. And as to Camping and the rest yes another banner day for Christiandom I suppose this just points out that it is the Holy spirit that draws us into the fold with an irristestable and glorious force. And thank you God.

Tyndale made the "plowboy" comment I am familiar with, which is, "I defy the Pope and one person backpacking tent all his laws. If God spare my life, ere many years I will cause a boy that driveth the plow to know more of the Scripture, than he dost." Unfortunately, many of these "plowboys" do not "know" the scripture  they know bits and pieces or it, and maybe large swathes of it, but it is all intertwined with fantasies of their own making. They do not "know" the scripture, rather they "use" the scripture. It always used to sound so very narrow-minded to me that Catholics raged against"private interpretation" of the Scriptures, but it's becoming clearer now.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login