Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

South Carolina Lottery Winner Will Use Prize to Adopt Grandchildren

Posted by xysoom 
October 31, 2020 01:18PM

"Sometimes I'm pretty lucky," said Jennifer Flannery. No one could argue with that, since the Spartanburg, South Carolina grandmother has just won the lottery.Get more news about 电子游戏包网,you can vist nb68.com

Flannery was heading to work and in a bad mood when she stopped for gas and bought a Queen of Hearts scratch-off ticket for $10."I went to the gas station and I took out the rest of the money that we had in the bank - I left us with three bucks - and I went and bought lottery tickets," she said.

When she arrived at work, she scratched the ticket and realized she'd won $250,000. Although Flannery is a regular scratch-off player, she never expected to win this much."I was shaking and hyperventilating," she said. She didn't believe she'd won at first, and told her boss she needed to leave.

"I left work and I went back to the gas station and I pulled the manager to the side, and I said, 'Um, I think I won a lot of money,'" Flannery recalled. "And she goes, 'Well, what are you so upset for?'"Jennifer and her husband Timothy have raised their grandchildren since they were babies. They began caring for nine-year-old Samantha when she was six months old, and for her younger brother Timothy at four months.

But the couple could not afford to adopt the kids, who call them mom and dad. The prize will finally allow them to do that. "We've had a hard life. And you know, raising our grand-babies, it's been tough for us," Flannery said.

In fact, the win couldn't have come at a better time for the family."We were almost going to file bankruptcy. I was going to file the papers, honest to God," she said.But now the family's future has changed overnight.

After adopting Sammy and Tim, "We're going to take our first family vacation," Flannery shared. Jennifer and Timothy, who have been married for 20 years, are originally from Wisconsin, and they want to experience one of the state's iconic moments with their kids - a Green Bay Packers game.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login