Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

www.yankeesfanproshop.com

Posted by liny195 
www.yankeesfanproshop.com
May 13, 2019 05:48AM
Goddard was the Diamondbacks’ 3rd round pick of the 2018 draft"WhiteFanposts Fanshots Sections Diamondbacks Farm TeamsGameday ThreadsDiamondbacks NewsDiamondbacks Game ReportsFang FoodDiamondbacks Farm SystemDiamondbacks ProspectsDiamondbacks Top Prospect #13: RHP Jackson GoddardNew Luis Severino Jersey ,7commentsGoddard was the Diamondbacks’ 3rd round pick of the 2018 draftESTShareTweetShareShareDiamondbacks Top Prospect #13: RHP Jackson GoddardName: Jackson GoddardDOB: 12/12/1996 (Age 22)Height: 6’3”Weight: 220Acquired: 3rd Round Pick, 2018 DraftPosition: StarterMost Notable Tool: Mid 90s FastballSeason Stats: 13 Games (12 Starts), 1-3, 4.18 ERA, 28 IP, 27/12 K/BB, 1 HR, 1.11 WHIP, 41.2% GB rate for Short A Hillsboro 2018 Season Summary: Even though injuries limited him to 52 innings in college, the Diamondbacks saw enough potential to take him with their 3rd round selection. Goddard pitched 1 inning for the AZL Dbacks http://www.yankeesfanproshop.com/authentic-giancarlo-stanton-jersey , but otherwise spent the rest of the season in Short A Hillsboro. The inconsistency issue that plagued him throughout his college career continued in his first year in the pros. Due to the short number of innings he got per start, the 3-4 bad games he had ended up inflating his ERA. Otherwise, he was tough to hit overall with batters putting up a .198 average (.265 BABIP) and a solid 24% strikeout rate. Walks and pitching with runners in scoring position were an issue with a 11% BB rate and a 62.5% strand rate. I attribute that a bit to perhaps not being able to establish an early rhythm due to though short starts.Tools: Fastball 50/60, Slider 45/55, Change-Up 45/55, Command 40/50Goddard has the potential for 3 above average to plus pitches, although the command for them is inconsistent. Walks have been an issue for Goddard with more than 10% of hitters getting free passes in college and the pros. That’s something he’ll have to iron out if he wants to remain a starter. The delivery itself isn’t an issue although there is effort in the arm acceleration phase and that causes him to fall off a bit.Upside: Goddard’s ability to throw strikes will determine if he starts or relieves at the MLB level. Goddard has a pair of swing and miss pitches (FB, SL), but often finds himself behind in the count. Due to the ability to miss bats, he could profile as a late-inning reliever if starting does not work out. However Aaron Judge Jersey , as a starter he has the upside of a #3 guy if command allows it. Risk: Command is the #1 issue at play, with the walks being a big problem. Since he does a good job of avoiding the barrel and misses bats at a solid enough rate, there is a second possible career outcome. However, if the command does not develop he probably won’t make it to the majors as more than a reliever. Likely 2019 Assignment: Goodard will likely see time in Kane County to start the season where they will lengthen his starts to about 5 innings and further as the season progresses. He pitched about 80 innings between college and pros, so they can only realistically push him to 100 to 110 innings. ETA: 2021 Season NEW YORK (AP) — After finalizing a $10 million, two-year contract with the New York Mets, reliever Justin Wilson concluded that the number of teams not pursuing free agents has damaged the market.“I think for the role that I pitch in, late in the game and high-leverage situations, there are only certain teams that are willing to spend money to compete,” Wilson said Monday during a conference call. “There is a lot of the league that rather make money than win Gleyber Torres Jersey , which if you’re a player isn’t very fun because we play this game to win. I don’t go into (the) season with any other goal than a World Series. So having two-thirds of the league not really involved in that, not trying to win a championship, does hurt free agency.”Astros ace Justin Verlander was quoted last weekend by the Houston Chronicle expressing similar sentiments.“The biggest detriment to our game right now is the non-competitiveness of two-thirds of the league,” Verlander was quoted as saying. “I think that’s why you’re seeing free agents not get signed.”With spring training camps starting to open in two weeks, only 62 of the 164 players who exercised free-agent rights after the World Series have announced agreements.“At the end of day you want every team to want to win the World Series,” Wilson said. “I’m not saying they don’t. But clearly there is some disconnect between teams wanting to make their top dollar and spend money to win.”This year’s pace of announced agreements is up from 47 at a similar date last offseason. But it is down from the historical trend, such as 82 at the same time two years ago. There were 77 agreements announced from Feb. 6-24 last winter.“There is no rush for ownership or teams,” Wilson said. “But at the end of the day I think that a lot of these players out there will get deals done. Teams are just probably being more patient trying to find the right fit in some instances or wait players out.Wilson, a 31-year-old left-hander, will get $5 million annually and also can earn performance bonuses. He was 4-5 with a 3.46 ERA last season for the Chicago Cubs Tyler Austin Jersey , striking out 69 and walking 33 in 54 2/3 innings.“I had other offers on the table, but I really wanted to play for a contender,” Wilson said. “I wasn’t worried. It was a slow offseason, but I believe in myself and believe what I’ve done in the past, so I figured at the end of the day a contender would want me for a multiyear.”Wilson gets $5 million annually as part of the deal negotiated by agents Sam and Seth Levinson and can earn $500,000 each year in performance bonuses: $250,000 each for 60 and 65 games.To open a roster spot, the Mets designated infielder Gavin Cecchini for assignment.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login