Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

www.rockiesfanproshop.com

Posted by liny195 
www.rockiesfanproshop.com
April 19, 2019 05:43AM
As the calendar gets closer to August Trevor Story Jersey , the trade deadline looms over MLB and will continue to do so through July 31.Contending teams like the New York Yankees, Los Angeles Dodgers and Boston Red Sox have already made significant moves, but no general manager can ever feel confident that enough has been done. That won't be determined until the last out of the World Series is completed.There are non-contending teams that are clearly in a sell mode as the season hits the far turn on MLB's version of the racetrack. The Toronto Blue Jays may have started the season with hopes of becoming a wild-card team, but they have been a streaky team with more downturns than upswings this season.As a result, they are willing to move several pitchers. Toronto would like to trade starter J.A. Happ and relievers Tyler Clippard and John Axford, according to Joel Sherman of the New York Post.Happ made the American League All-Star team, but he has been somewhat inconsistent. He has a 10-6 record with a 4.18 earned-run average and 130 strikeouts in 114.0 innings.The 33-year-old Clippard is a well-traveled veteran, and he has a 4-3 record with a 3.54 ERA and seven saves in 13 opportunities. Axford has pitched 48.0 innings with a 4-1 record and a 4.69 ERA.The Chicago Cubs are looking to add to their pitching staff, and Chicago baseball insider Bruce Levine of radio station WSCR reported that they are looking at Chris Archer of the Tampa Bay Rays, Danny Duffy of the Kansas City Royals and Dylan Bundy of the Baltimore Orioles.The Cubs also had interest in reliever Zach Britton of the Orioles before he was traded Tuesday to the New York Yankees.Levine reported that Chicago has turned its attention to American League hurlers because that league has more non-contending teams, and that means a greater volume of players may be available.The Cubs don't necessarily want to make a deal involving key players on their 25-man roster, and that may be the reason they were unable to complete deals for Britton or former New York Mets reliever Jeurys Familia http://www.rockiesfanproshop.com/authentic-chad-bettis-jersey , who was traded to the Oakland A's.The Boston Red Sox made a big deal Wednesday when they acquired pitcher Nathan Eovaldi from the Tampa Bay Rays for Jalen Beeks, per Ken Rosenthal of Fox and The Athletic.The Red Sox have suffered some injuries to their starting staff, as Steven Wright and Eduardo Rodriguez are both on the disabled list. The right-handed Eovaldi also gives the Red Sox more balance in their starting staff since Chris Sale, David Price and Rodriguez are left-handed.Eovaldi has a 3-4 record with a 4.26 ERA with 48 strikeouts and just eight walks in 57.0 innings."We feel very comfortable with him," manager Alex Cora said, per Zachary Silver of MLB.com. "We feel he's going to be good for us."The Red Sox may also be looking at Texas Rangers pitcher Jake Diekman, as well as pitchers Zach Duke and Fernando Rodney of the Minnesota Twins, per Nick Cafardo of the Boston Globe.There are five more days to go before the deadline, and quite a bit of talking and perhaps several deals will be completed before the end of July. CARLSBAD, Calif. (AP) — Months before the start of spring training, the New York Yankees‘ injury list is lengthening.Catcher Gary Sanchez had surgery on his left shoulder Thursday, which could slow him during spring training but is not likely to keep him out of the lineup on opening day.“His shoulder has bothered him off and on since ’17 Greg Holland Jersey ,” Yankees general manager Brian Cashman said Wednesday. “He’s been treated conservatively with it. He had an injection towards the end of ’17. He had two in ’18. He just resumed workouts and still felt a little bit lingering from it.”Cashman made the announcement at the general managers’ meetings, hours after the Yankees finalized an $8 million, one-year contract with CC Sabathia. The 38-year-old left-hander said 2019 will be his final season.New York announced last month that Didi Gregorius will miss much of next season after Tommy John surgery to repair a torn ligament in the shortstop’s right elbow.An All-Star in 2017 who slumped badly this year, Sanchez felt continued shoulder pain while working out last week at the Yankees’ minor league complex in Tampa, Florida, with strength and conditioning coach Matt Krause.“He said things are going well, but my shoulder is still cranky. It’s still lingering in there,” Cashman said. “So it’s just enough complaints, too many over the course of a year-and-half now.”Head team physician Dr. Christopher Ahmad performed a debridement at New York-Presbyterian Hospital to remove loose debris from Sanchez’s non-throwing shoulder. The recovery is expected to be about three months.Sanchez, 25, hit .299 with 20 homers and 42 RBIs two years ago, when he impressed during a call-up in the season’s final two months http://www.rockiesfanproshop.com/authentic-chad-bettis-jersey , and he was an All-Star in 2017 who hit .278 with 33 homers and 90 RBIs in 122 games. But he slumped to a .186 with 18 homers and 53 RBIs in 89 games this year, when he was limited by a groin injury, and his defense was poor for the second straight year.“It may very well have been something that affected him performance-wise. I can’t rule that out,” Cashman said.Sabathia went 9-7 with a 3.65 ERA in 29 starts this year. He met with Cashman in the Yankees clubhouse the day after New York’s season ended.“He said, ‘Cash I want to play again. I will play somewhere else if I have to. But I don’t want to play anywhere else. I’m a Yankee. I want to end as a Yankee. Next year is my last year, but I am going to play and I’m hoping it’s here.'”A six-time All-Star and the 2007 AL Cy Young Award winner, Sabathia is 246-153 in 18 major league seasons with a 3.70 ERA and 2,986 strikeouts, including 129-80 in a decade with the Yankees. He took a $2 million paycut.“It’s certainly not simple negotiating with someone you have a great deal of respect for and you’re dealing with lesser dollars,” Cashman said. “Those are not easy conversations to have.”
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login