Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Could Pro Bowl WR Davante Adams follow Aaron Rodgers out of Green Bay?

Posted by kill613 
Could Pro Bowl WR Davante Adams follow Aaron Rodgers out of Green Bay?
May 12, 2021 03:22AM
The Green Bay Packers, specifically general manager Brian Gutekunst, insist disgruntled quarterback Aaron Rodgers won't be traded this offseason despite his alleged unhappiness with the organization. Four-time Pro Bowl wide receiver Davante Adams told Colin Cowherd on Monday he's "praying" Rodgers returns to the only NFL home he's known at some point later this year but added he "potentially" could leave the Packers after the 2021 season, when he's scheduled to become a free agent, if Rodgers is playing for a different team or retired. To buy more Packers Youth Game with cheap price, you can visit packernfl.com official website.

"That’s my guy," Adams said of Rodgers, per Charean Williams of Pro Football Talk. "That’s the only guy I’ve had other than that 2017 season when he got hurt. That’s the only guy that I’ve played with. We’ve built up a special connection over the years that has put us both in really good positions in our career. Not that he needed me to come along for it, because he was already in that spot.

"We’ve established a lot together. It would change a lot, man. It doesn’t mean I’d be gone, but I’d definitely have to do some extra thinking if my guy wasn’t here."

Rodgers is signed through 2023 and reportedly wants a contract extension, and Adams is signed through only the upcoming season but could have his rights retained by the Packers via the franchise tag. If, however, Rodgers threatens a holdout or enters retirement if he isn't traded, the Packers could hit the reset button, punt on the 2021 campaign, and offer Adams to a contender for draft assets.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login